Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Turn Thrift Store Art into a Child's Silhouette

What a cool Idea from The Bee and The Bobbin

And so simple! She took her baby's photo, traced the siloeuette onto tracing paper and transfered that onto an old thrift shop painting colouring the area outside as you can see above. I really love this! I've seen it done where instead of this bright yellow-mustard colour above, the outer area was blacked out, which looked very dramatic. What do you think?

I'm slowly gathering (cheap) Ideas for decorating my new place and this one goes on the list!

~b

3 comments:

Marina said...

I really love concept of your blog! Nice way for two friends to stay close :)

Elishia said...

Love this idea too Bel, the possibilities are endless !

Landscape Contractors St. Louis said...

Thanks for wrriting

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...