Saturday, February 23, 2013

Home

Just a really quick mish-mash post for you today of photos from around the home.

How pretty are these apples?!




A lilly from the garden


 Some kitchen clutter



Our front veranda changes by the seasons. Right now we have tomatoes, basil and succulents.


I'm a huge apple crumble fan! Mum used to make it for dessert on those nights when we felt like a treat but had limited time or resources. I find that at any given time there's usually ingredients for a crumble at hand. I don't have a recipe per-say, I usually use whatever I can scrounge up. This one was quite successful and rather healthy being gluten, dairy, sugar and flour free.I used-

1 1/4 cup almond meal
1/2 cup shredded coconut
a small handful of pistachio nuts
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup rice malt syrup
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla essence

Very yummy!


 Above is our reality survival machine! Zen and I have a rather good partnership going. As I'm always the first to rise I turn on the machine and by the time he gets up its all warmed up for him to work his magic and make the coffee. Somehow I think I have the better end of the deal.


I love this little hat but haven't gotten around to wearing it yet. So I just enjoy looking at it either sitting on my dresser or hanging on the fan switch.



I always like to hang my latest paintings so I can enjoy them before they sell. I think I'm enjoying this one a little too much though as I don't really want to part with it! I shall have to one day though. I hope to have her as part of a Masai exhibition but currently she is available for private sale.
Speaking of art sales... I am moving interstate this year so am having a bit of a clear out. You can check out the Sale on my facebook page. All the items listed there are reduced, some up to $60% off! So please feel free to mosey on over :)

Hope you all have a lovely weekend!

~Love E xo

3 comments:

WolvesAtTheDoor said...

Lovely pictures of your beautiful home and your immense talent! Good luck with your move!!:)

b and e said...

Hey E,

Feel like I need a dose of E today! So can you just zoom over here? I ask you cause er, its more disrupting for a bubby if I went....

I love love this post! Im kind glad it has taken a while for me to be able to comment cause I really just "feel" the post today. Sounds ridiculous I know.

The picture of the apples and the kitchen bench are so homey and is really what I want today - mind making a book based on that vibe for me?

I really need more plants and succulents! I have such a brown thumb. My african violet (mark 15) finally died. took longer than I thought. Succulents are a better way to go (though i am know to kill them also.)

Also would love some lilly plants like that - actually I love the leaves so much!

Funny I have a hat similar - but as usual your one is to die for mine is a it meh.

What have you done with the painting? Sold yet? It really is stunning and I think it looks amazing there!

Also I am so grateful for the apple crumble idea as since becoming GF we haven't made any due to our love of oats in the crumble. I think this will be a great substitute! Thank you!

b and e said...

B,

I love love this little letter to me!

As soon as Z invents teleportation I'm there! I'll ask him to make it kid-friendly while he's at it.

Don't worry I've managed to kill Succulents also. I believe the trick is to neglect them somewhat and definitely don't water them too much.

The painting is not sold. I haven't made any efforts to do so. Will probably hold onto it for an exhibition unless I get a private buyer interested.

Do try out the crumble, its pretty delish :)

Looking forward to your next post xoxox ~E

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...