Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Finders Keepers Market

It's kind of sad that it's taken me so long to share this  awesome event.

For those who have heard of it, I'm talking about the Finder's Keepers Market. I heard about it through the blogosphere and managed to head over to the CarriageWorks behind my oh-so-favourite Newtown in Sydney. Such a crazy day, I'm lucky I was able to get anything out of it. In saying that, the truly sad thing is I had no idea there was a clothes section tucked away in a room near the stage. NO IDEA that is until I got home and looked through all my cards and papers pulling out a map and realising just what I missed out on.

The music was good, these guys (Achoo! Bless you) had a nice sound. I'm just getting some free tunes from them off Triple J unearthed now.
In awe I wandered through the crowded old building. The building fascinated me, and was the perfect place for Etsy to come to life in. That's right. Imagine walking into Etsy and that's what it felt like. homemade and vintage goodness all around. As I didn't quite have the mindset that day to purchase things, and was more interested in making sure Maxi-boy was "behaving" as much as a 6 month old can, I took it upon myself to collect as many interesting business cards and brochures as possible so I can reminisce and visit their websites once  home. And that's exactly what I'm up to! First of course I made them into a lovely mood board for me to admire, and to remind me of who I need to look into when I get a chance.

The Storybook Rabbit was featured in Frankie last month
This is me trying to catch the girls at Frankie's awesome dresses. It was a walkby shot - honestly if I had time I would have just asked them to pose or something!


Mr & Mrs White - Delightful

I really love these images - perhaps for Max's Room?
LOVE LOVE THESE. I love vintage tea saucers/plates and birds and clouds especially so I'm a lot in love.
Thanks, Lightly.
Their website has a whole range of even cooler things. Seriously check it out.

 Some things I thought were cool...




Angus and Celeste make these amazing hanging flowerpots which I am in love with. Would look spectacular at my place...

This was the second time in Max's little life that he enjoyed trying to steal my drink at Guzman y Gomez. Mmmm Mexican. Nan and I enjoyed their yummy gluten free deliciousness. (you may have noticed I tend to gush and gush over food. I apologise although it's not something I can help!)


There were soo many great things, I'll just have to add some link love for you to check out:
Imp'ish: inclined to do slightly naughty things for fun; mischievous (organic baby wear!)
Hand Made Love - this is the blog but also check out the shop
Zoemou beautiful jewellery
The Paper Convention  Amazing things by using paper!
Made 590 really cool. and featured in Frankie also. and the shop is in Newtown.
Bespoke Letterpress Boutique - beautiful.
Sailor Sam - handmade sailor kids clothes (picture above)
Scoops Design - Very funky
The Quick and The Dead - This is some really cool decorative stuff people!

SO go check them out people!

Last but not least Foal Design. I actually followed up and bought one of these hats. If you are like me and all hats seem to look ridiculous, this may just be for you. The hat I bought is lovely, but I feel the need to buy a less bright one next time. Oh how I can't wait for the next time. Think Max may end up with one also.... but that's for another post. For now just check them out!

There's so much more I could have gone on about but I think I'd better leave it there.

see!
bxx

11 comments:

melynda said...

i LOVE finders keepers. and those cloud pillows?! awesome!

m x

Fash Boulevard said...

hey ladies. Loving your blog. totally following. if you get a second, I'd love if you checked out mine. it's all about the adventures of a small town girl turned LA local. xo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

b and e said...

You and me. This September. We go. Boys look after Max. ~e xo

b and e said...

e,

Unfortunately they haven't decided on a date for this years market! What are the chances it will be in september? Slim..

bxx

Unknown said...

those lamp shades? oh my gosh- too cute. Thanks for the comment. I'm happy it lead me to your blog! xo

Vintage Sweetheart said...

Very cool markets! I'd want to bring it all home.

his little lady said...

oh goodness, i've never heard of this before but it sounds just SO magical. adore!
xo TJ

Kendra said...

What a charming market! I wish I had some craft fair like that nearby!

Leah - The Inside Story said...

I have read about these markets before and would love to go. They sound fabulous. Thanks for visiting my blog btw and yes, I would definitely grow plants in teacups under glass cloches. Leahx

dear olive said...

I can't remember why now, but I didn't make it to finders keepers. I'm regretting my decision even more now! Damn!! Kellie xx

kaytetmadison said...

This place looks awesome! Looks like Max was really excited to be there as well. I am so proud to see my nephew enjoying Guzman and Gomez. I miss that place so much. Maybe need to open a franchise in London :)

x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...